Privacy Statement Bonuslots
This is the privacy statement of Bonuslots. This privacy statement applies to all privacy-sensitive information or personal data that you provide to us. In this privacy statement we explain clearly how we store your data, how long it is stored and what the exact purpose of the data processing is. In addition, we provide you with clear insight into how you can exercise your rights in regard to data processing.
What exactly does Bonuslots do? Bonuslots is an incentive started by real gaming experts. Our gaming experts have been playing games of chance online at several online casinos for years. We value quality and honesty. For this reason, Bonuslots aims to give customers a comprehensive explanation of the rules for playing online video slots as well as an unbiased assessment of the games and the gambling providers that offer these games.
Because we process (or have processed) personal data in various situations, we have opted for an extensive privacy statement. There are often situations in which Bonuslots must collect and process or use your personal data. It is important that you know what happens to your personal data and how you can let us know your wishes in regard to the handling of your personal data.
Bonuslots takes your privacy very seriously and will use and process personal information in a secure manner. All articles in this privacy statement are in accordance with the applicable General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Do you have any doubts or questions about the processing of data by Bonuslots? Please feel free to contact us using the details below.
2. Categories of personal data
In order to be able to support our visitors, customers and partners in the best possible way, it is necessary for us to collect certain data, including personal data. Personal data is data that can be traced back to a natural person. The personal data that we (generally) process is the following:
- First- and lastname;
- (Personal) e-mail address (note: under the GDPR, certain company e-mail addresses may be regarded as personal e-mail addresses. For example, the e-mail address email@example.com);
We only store and use the personal data that is provided directly by you, or date from which is clear that it is provided for processing by Bonuslots.
3. Basis and purposes for data processing
Under the GDPR, we are obliged to have a lawful basis for processing your personal data. Article 6 paragraph 1 sub a of the GDPR applies to our situation: the processing of your personal data is done on the basis of consent.
Article 13(1)(c) of the GDPR then requires us to clearly indicate for which “processing purposes” the personal data is intended. Below you can find an overview of various processing purposes that we use your personal data for.
There are a number of purposes for which Bonuslots collects your personal data;
If you have contacted Bonuslots in any way, the information you have provided will be saved and used for further contact. This includes name, e-mail address and (if provided) telephone number.
Your e-mail address will in any case be processed for sending the Bonuslots newsletter should you want to receive our newsletter. Possibly other data such as your name may also be processed. It is possible to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter at any time.
- Cookies, placed via https://bonuslots.net/ (Read our cookie notice for detailed information)
In order to use the website and to make the website function properly, a number of data is stored. This includes IP-address, location data, statistical and aggregated data about the surfing behaviour and website visits (scroll behaviour).
4. Period of storage
Above we have indicated for which processing purposes we use your personal data. Pursuant to Article 13, paragraph 2, sub a of the GDPR, we must also indicate the storage period of personal data.
If the contact does not lead to the provision of a service or work, the data provided by you will be stored for a maximum period of two (2) years.
We keep the data until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. The data will be deleted after unsubscribing.
- Cookies, placed via https://bonuslots.net/ (Read our cookie notice for detailed information)
All information regarding cookies is explained in detail in our cookie notice.
5. Recipients of personal data
Bonuslots currently does not share personal data with third parties, however Bonuslots reserves the right to do so if it is strictly necessary/ legally required. This could be the case in a legal process or in the case that a government body requests for the personal data. In the case that the data needs to be shared, Bonuslots will comply with the GDPR, specifically Article 28 GDPR. If Bonuslots decides to share personal data with third parties in the future, we will notify you by updating this privacy statement.
6. Protection of personal data that we store
Bonuslots takes the protection of your (personal) data seriously. In order to adequately protect your personal data, Bonuslots uses data encryption, including an SSL and HTTPS encryptions. This makes the connection between you and the Bonuslots website secure.
Personal data is only accessible for the authorized employees of Bonuslots. This personal data is protected with a password. The devices where your data is stored are locked with a password, fingerprint scan or facial recognition. This naturally includes the necessary devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile phones.
7. Your rights regarding your personal data
Below are the rights that you can use with regard to your personal data. We hereby indicate in as much detail as possible how the relevant right can be used.
a. Right of access (Article 15 GDPR)
You always have the right to view the data processed and stored by Bonuslots. To exercise this right, you can send an e-mail with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
If the data stored by Bonuslots turns out to be incorrect, you have the right to have this data rectified. Bonuslots will then replace the current incorrect data with the correct data.
c. Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
You have the right to have personal data transferred by Bonuslots to a similar party. This means a party that roughly offers and performs the same services as Bonuslots.
d. Right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR)
In certain cases, you may request from Bonuslots to have your personal data erased. To this end, you have the option with the right to be ‘forgotten’. Below you will find a list of situations in which Bonuslots must delete your data:
- If the data processed by Bonuslots is no longer necessary for the processing purpose.
- If you withdraw your permission for the use of the personal data, for example by means of the ‘unsubscribe button’ on the Bonuslots newsletter.
- If you object to the processing of your data. In the case of direct marketing, you always have an absolute right to object. The moment your interests with regard to the processing of personal data outweigh those of Bonuslots, you have a relative right. The data will then only be deleted if it is demonstrated that your interests outweigh those of Bonuslots.
- If Bonuslots processes data unlawfully, you have a direct option to have the data erased by Bonuslots. This is the case, for example, if there is no legal basis for the processing of personal data.
- If a statutory retention period has been exceeded, Bonuslots is obliged to delete the processed personal data.
- If, as a data subject, you are younger than 16 years and no permission from a parent or guardian has been granted for the processing of the personal data. In this case, Bonuslots will immediately delete your personal data.
e. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You always have the option to file a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data is not being handed properly by Bonuslots. In the Netherlands this supervisory authority is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (de Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
f. Right to stop data usage, objection (Article 21 GDPR)
You have the right to object to data processing at any time. Especially in the case of direct marketing.
We also point out the following rights:
- Right to restrict (part of) the processing: under certain conditions you have the right to request from Bonuslots to restrict the processing of your personal data. Bonuslots would then temorarly stop with the processing of the data. You can invoke this right in four situations: (1) pending the assessment of a correction request, (2) if data should actually be deleted but you do not wish to be deleted, (3) if Bonuslots no longer needs the data while it is still needed for (the preparation for) a lawsuit and (4) pending the assessment of an objection.
- Withdrawal of consent: you have this right insofar as we process your data on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent once given at any time. This has no consequences for the past, but it does mean that we are no longer allowed to process that data. As a result, Bonuslots may no longer be able to provide you with certain services.
Do you want to make use of the above stated rights?
In most cases, an e-mail to email@example.com is enough to make use of the aforementioned rights. If we have doubts about the validity of your identity, we can take other measures to verify it. For example, we could request from you that you provide us with a copy of your proof of identity. This is always done in the manner prescribed by the central government. In most cases, a less drastic method of proof of identity will suffice. Making use of the aforementioned rights is free of charge.
We would like to point out that the rights described above are not absolute rights. There may be circumstances in which Bonuslots cannot comply with a particular request. We will always assess each request on its own merits. If we are unable to comply with a particular request, we will of course inform you of this with reasons.
Bonuslots processes your personal data, as indicated, on the basis of a legitimate interest. Your personal data will never be sold to a third party.
The data that you are required to provide is the minimum required personal information that is necessary for the provision of services. If you do not provide us with this mandatory data, Bonuslots cannot (properly) offer the services.
If it is necessary to share your data with other parties, your permission will of course be requested first by amending our Privacy Statement. We always announce changes via the Bonuslots website.
Bonuslots reserves the right to disclose information when required by law, or when Bonuslots deems it justified to comply with a legal request or process, or when it comes to property or protecting Bonuslots. We try to respect your right to privacy as much as possible.
Do you have any questions about our privacy statement? Please feel free to contact us using the details below.